|November 13, 2017|
Liberty Square Riverboat
The Liberty Square Riverboat ride is a boat ride on Tom Sawyer Island. Its a nice quiet ride interrupted by an occasional blowing of the boat horn.
When you do hear the Steamboat horn, the boat is leaving the dock.
Ten Things about the Liberty Square Riverboat ride.
- Ride started for the first time on October 2, 1971 (The day after the park opened.)
- Boat official name is Liberty Belle (appropriately named since it's docks in Liberty Square.)
- The boat can hold 450 people. Now you know how many people on the boat when they say it's full!
- The Liberty Square Riverboat will be closed for refurbishment Jan. 8 - Jun. 28, 2018. (Usually, the ride is closed in January, so to be closed for 6 months means they are doing some major enhancement.)
- The entire ride takes 17 minutes (With additional time waiting for people to board) Usually the attraction isn't open until an hour after the park officially opens and closes an hour before the park opens. Which means that it's not available for Magic Hours.
- If you have family that is exploring Tom Sawyer Island, let them know you're taking the Liberty Square Riverboat. There are great photo opportunities by the island.
- The back upper deck is a great place for taking Haunted Mansion pictures. You'll get close up opportunities as the boat passes by the Mansion on the return trip.
- When you see the Indian Village your have reached the midpoint of the ride.
- For much of the ride, sitting on the left of the boat is the best place to be.
- The narration of the ride is done by Mark Twain.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.