One Man's Dream (Hollywood Studios)
One of my favorite things that I like see at Disney World Hollywood Studios is the "One Man, One Dream" in particular I like looking at the working office Walt Disney once used.
The office looks exactly the same way as he last left it. Visitors have a time capsule view of what a CEO office looked like in the 1960s. You can see all sorts of pictures and things that inspired the great imagineer.
The whole "One Man's Dream" came about as part of the "100 Years of Magic" which started on October 1st, 2001. It took guests on a journey through the life of Disney, who was born on December 5, 1901, and included rare artifacts.
Other exhibits at the One Man's Dream include:
- Walt Disney's 2nd-grade school desk
- Audio and film clips that contain previously unseen footage and interviews with Walt Disney
- Vintage Disney toys and merchandise
- "Granny Kincaid's Cabin," Walt's first attempt at a 3D miniature environment
- "The Dancing Man," Walt's first animated figure and precursor to the Audio-Animatronics technology he would soon pioneer
- The original Audio-Animatronics Abraham Lincoln figure from the 1964 New York World's Fair
- Mickey Mouse Club props and costumes
- The model of Main Street, U.S.A. from Disneyland Resort
- Jungle Cruise and Spaceship Earth models
- Mary Poppins costumes
- Peter Pan's Flight ride vehicle models
- The planning model for Disney's California Adventure theme park
- Scaled replicas of Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland Resort and Disneyland Paris Resort
- The Tree of Life model from Disney's Animal Kingdom park
Due to expansion at Hollywood Studios, the "One Man, One Dream" has been closed. This is make room for additional attractions for the Toy Story Land.
The desk has been moved to the Walk Disney family museum in San Francisco:
The Walt Disney Family Museum
104 Montgomery Street in the Presidio
San Francisco, CA 94129
I can't wait to go back to San Francisco to see the desk to see how well they put everything back in the same place.
"You never know where going until you know where you been. " - English Proverb/Old Saying
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.