Disney Caribbean Beach Resort
On our next trip to Walt Disney World we have the opportunity to stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Since we have never stayed at the resort before I decided to do some investigation.
We have been told that the main pool, Old Port Royale, will be closed during our stay. This is an important factor to consider since we have scheduled a down day during our Disney vacation.
Here's a quick summary of the resort:
About the Caribbean Beach Resort
- The resort first opened on October 1, 1988, and has gone under many refurbish stages over the years.
- This is the second largest resort, in terms of property size, on Disney Property.
- This is the only resort that has a resort shuttle buses to get around.
- The resort is 4.1 miles from Epcot and 2 miles from Disney's Hollywood Studios. It's considered to be one of the Epcot properties.
- There is a 1.5-mile running trail around the park. (Run around twice to practice the 5K!)
- Preferred Rooms put you close to food court and main pool, but not next to building with the lobby and Magical Express pickup
- The 300 Sq Ft. rooms at the resort are smaller than Port Orleans.
- National Average Hotel room size is about 325 square feet.
- Most of the rooms are theme after Finding Nemo.
- There are limited number of Pirates theme rooms in the Trinidad South Village and these are a premium.
- Most rooms beds are Queen beds, whereas at Port Orleans most of the beds are Kings.
- The further you are away from the Custom House the cheaper the room rate, and the longer the walk to your room after a long day at the park.
Pools and Amenities
- There are six heated pools located throughout the village.
- The biggest pool, Old Port Royale, features waterfalls, slides and canons.
- There are beaches around the resort, just stay away from the water.
- The Goombay Games Arcade has lots of high tech games.
- There are various playgrounds within each of the seven villages.
Chart of Hotel Acres
I put together a chart of the five largest hotel properties in Disney World. This shows you which resorts are taking up the most property:
Download the resort Map so that you know where things are on the property. This also comes in handy when you're planning your trip, past hotel experience taught us that you're better off being near the DisneyWord Bus stop.
After a long day, you don't want to be bouncing between buses or walking a long way to get to your room. This is especially noteworthy if you have young kids and a stroller.
br/>Download the Report Map