Google Chrome URL
Easily create hyperlinks from the current page
Google Chrome has limited support for AppleScript. Which means that you can use third party tools, like LaunchBar, to be more productive.
I created a simple LaunchBar action that creates an anchor tag based on the current page loaded in Chrome. This action displays 2 formats - one HTML and the other Markdown. The HTML version is perfect for pasting in any HTML editor. The Markdown formatis great when you want to reference the page in a Slack chat.
Installing the Action
- Download the Chrome URL Action for LaunchBar
- UnZip the file
- Double Click on the file to properly install it in LaunchBar
Tips on Using this Action
- Use the LaunchBar shortcut and type in "URL"
- Hit Enter to create a link to the current Google Page.
- The first time you use this action, Apple will ask you to allow LaunchBar to interact with Chrome - simple say Yes!
- After the Permission box disappears you should see the URLs. Select the format that you would like to use, by default the HTML is selected.
- Use "Shift Return" to insert the text in the current application
- Use "Command C" to copy to the clipboard.
- Use "Tab Title" to Convert the word to Title Case.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.
© 2022 - cryan.com