|August 7, 2013|
Next year marks the 50th anniversary for the Disney mega hit movie Mary Poppins. The movie came out with great fan fair on December 23, 1964. Disney went all out to make sure that the premier had lots of coverage at Mann's Chinese Theater. You can see most of the 'live' local coverage on the movie premier on the 45th Anniversary DVD.
To celebrate the occasion Disney is releasing the first ever Blu-ray version of Mary Poppins on December 10, 2013 and at the same time Disney will release 'Saving Mr. Banks.' The movie is the complete story of how the Mary Poppins movie came to be.
There's no telling what new content will be on the Blu-ray version. Over on Amazon, there's plenty of comments on the 45th Anniversary DVD version didn't contain any new content from the 40th anniversary version. What new content can they find that they haven't released yet?
On YouTube there are plenty of Mary Poppins Remix:
While your on YouTube, be sure to check out the original movie trailer for the new Saving Mr. Banks movie and how close Tom Hanks looks like Walt Disney.
|January 7, 2013|
From the movie Airplane:
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking.
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
Some more, for fun:
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit coffee.
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to take afternoon naps
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to not get sick
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to get to work on time
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to take the train
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to update my computer
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit eating fast food
Haunted Mansion Quote
|July 30, 2011|
Great quote from the director of the new Haunted Mansion movie:
"To me, if I could live anywhere, I would live in The Haunted Mansion, like all year long. It is for me the most beautiful piece of real-estate in the world and what I want to try and do is to try and make that feeling of a world that is incredibly attractive, even if it's scary." - Guillermo del Toro
Back to the Future
|August 13, 2010|
Did you enjoy the movie Back to the Future in the theaters back in the 80s? You'll be able to see it again!!!
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the first Back to the Future movie, it will be re-release in theaters on October 1, 2010! Very exciting! At the same time a new Blu-Ray version will be launch with a digital remastered version of Back to the Future.
Here are some of my all time favorite Back to the Future Movie quotes:
- Remember, where you're going, there are no roads.
- This is it! This is the answer. It says here... that a bolt of lightning is going to strike the clock tower at precisely 10:04pm, next Saturday night! If... If we could somehow... *harness* this lightning... *channel* it... into the flux capacitor... it just might work. Next Saturday night, we're sending you back to the future!
- Okay, okay... we know that it won't run under it's own power and we know we can't pull it, but if we could somehow push it up to 88 miles per hour.
- See, that's how you handle them, son. Never give 'em an inch, and maintain discipline at all times. Remember that word - "discipline."
- No, wait! Doc. Doc. The-the-the bruise - the bruise on your head. I know how that happened! You told me the whole story. You were standing on your toilet, and you were hanging a clock, and you fell, and you hit your head on the sink. And that's when you came up with the idea for the Flux Capacitor...
|November 25, 2009|
Yesterday we went to see New Moon at the Showcase Cinema de Lux in Foxboro, Massachusetts. I would highly recomend going to seeing a movie at this theater, it was a lot of fun and the food was great!
The movie was great and it was great that there wasn't a lot of people at the theater so there wasn't much distractions, people talking or kids running all over the place.
Back to the Future
|October 27, 2009|
In the movie Back to the Future, Marty McFly is handed a flyer to "Save the Clock Tower." The flyer contains a newspaper clipping. This is the story that is in that newspaper clipping. The headline reads, "Clock Tower Struck by Lighting," and the sub-headline is "Clock Stopped at 10:04"
The facts regarding the situation remain the same, state the authorities. Details concerning the antics have been given a preliminary investigation but it is felt that only by a more detailed study will the true facts become known.
Thus at this conference all our governments found themselves in unanimous agreement regarding the undertaking. Arrangements for dealing with questions and disputes between the republics were further improved.
Of no less importance was the common recognition show of the facts that any menace from without to the peace of our continents concerns all of us and therefore properly is a subject for consultation and cooperation. This was reflected in the instruments adopted by the conference.
A suggestion that public hearings on applications be limited to one every six months was taken under advisement by the commission.
Many persons feel at this stage that some legal action is forthcoming but it now becomes common knowledge that there is pressure from the inside which will materially change the aspect of the case.
Future plans will, of necessity, have great bearing on the situation as it now stands. Decisions will have to be made of the actual planning of the project will take considerable time but it is felt that these steps are very important.
|June 5, 2009|
On May 25, 2009 we went to the Framingham AMC theater to see Angels and Demons. The movie was very good and everyone had a good time.
This blog is about the prices at AMC theater:
- Large Drink $4.75
- Large Popcorn $6.75
- Small Popcorn $4.75
- M&M Pain 6.0oz $4.25
Wow, at these prices, no wonder people are by passing the concession stand when they go to the movies.
I wouldn't mind paying these prices if you got something special. The popcorn didn't taste fresh and the Large Drink is the same as the 7-11.
|October 5, 2004|
This documentary might have some influence over the November presidential election. However, I would think that the VP debate tonight will have more influence over some undecided voters.
Lord of the Rings
|December 18, 2003|
We saw the 8:40pm show at Solomon Pond Mall and it was a full house. The line for the show started before 8pm, since we arrived shortly after 8 and was the last in line before they started to let people in. We still had great seats and since it was stadium seating, there wasn't a problem with seeing the whole screen.
Overall I thought it was a great movie! It seemed to start really slow, but once the action started it was really fun to watch. I would highly recommend watching this movie on the big screen and not see it for the first time on DVD. There was a hint at the end that there maybe future Lord of the Rings movies.
Who knows, will this be another Star Wars movie, where another series comes out 10 years later.
Haunted Mansion Movie
|November 26, 2003|
I did notice three haunted mansion icons that were not shown in the movie:
- The Stretching Room Gallery
- The Caretaker with the dog outside the cemetary
- Little Leota (Who encorages guests to come back)
As for the sound track, you only here some of the music. Probably not worth buying the album.