|August 7, 2013|
Next year marks the 50th anniversary for the Disney mega hit movie Mary Poppins. The movie came out with great fan fair on December 23, 1964. Disney went all out to make sure that the premier had lots of coverage at Mann's Chinese Theater. You can see most of the 'live' local coverage on the movie premier on the 45th Anniversary DVD.
To celebrate the occasion Disney is releasing the first ever Blu-ray version of Mary Poppins on December 10, 2013 and at the same time Disney will release 'Saving Mr. Banks.' The movie is the complete story of how the Mary Poppins movie came to be.
There's no telling what new content will be on the Blu-ray version. Over on Amazon, there's plenty of comments on the 45th Anniversary DVD version didn't contain any new content from the 40th anniversary version. What new content can they find that they haven't released yet?
On YouTube there are plenty of Mary Poppins Remix:
While your on YouTube, be sure to check out the original movie trailer for the new Saving Mr. Banks movie and how close Tom Hanks looks like Walt Disney.
|January 7, 2013|
From the movie Airplane:
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking.
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
Some more, for fun:
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit coffee.
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to take afternoon naps
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to not get sick
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to get to work on time
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to take the train
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to update my computer
- Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit eating fast food
Haunted Mansion Quote
|July 30, 2011|
Great quote from the director of the new Haunted Mansion movie:
"To me, if I could live anywhere, I would live in The Haunted Mansion, like all year long. It is for me the most beautiful piece of real-estate in the world and what I want to try and do is to try and make that feeling of a world that is incredibly attractive, even if it's scary." - Guillermo del Toro
Back to the Future
|August 13, 2010|
Did you enjoy the movie Back to the Future in the theaters back in the 80s? You'll be able to see it again!!!
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the first Back to the Future movie, it will be re-release in theaters on October 1, 2010! Very exciting! At the same time a new Blu-Ray version will be launch with a digital remastered version of Back to the Future.
Here are some of my all time favorite Back to the Future Movie quotes:
- Remember, where you're going, there are no roads.
- This is it! This is the answer. It says here... that a bolt of lightning is going to strike the clock tower at precisely 10:04pm, next Saturday night! If... If we could somehow... *harness* this lightning... *channel* it... into the flux capacitor... it just might work. Next Saturday night, we're sending you back to the future!
- Okay, okay... we know that it won't run under it's own power and we know we can't pull it, but if we could somehow push it up to 88 miles per hour.
- See, that's how you handle them, son. Never give 'em an inch, and maintain discipline at all times. Remember that word - "discipline."
- No, wait! Doc. Doc. The-the-the bruise - the bruise on your head. I know how that happened! You told me the whole story. You were standing on your toilet, and you were hanging a clock, and you fell, and you hit your head on the sink. And that's when you came up with the idea for the Flux Capacitor...
|November 25, 2009|
Yesterday we went to see New Moon at the Showcase Cinema de Lux in Foxboro, Massachusetts. I would highly recomend going to seeing a movie at this theater, it was a lot of fun and the food was great!
The movie was great and it was great that there wasn't a lot of people at the theater so there wasn't much distractions, people talking or kids running all over the place.