In May, the team at Snap Snap Pro updated Camera+ to Camera2 Plus. This is the first major update in
Some New Features in Camera2 Plus
- Original Camera+ didn’t have a night mode. Slow Shutter was introduced in Camera2 +
- There’s no more in-purchase add-ons! You don’t need to purchase Analog Filter Packs or the Hollywood Filter Packs, it’s all built into Camera2.
- Better Manual Controls
- RAW Capture - when you want more control on what the iPhone XS Max camera captures. You can edit on the phone, or use Photoshop, Photoscape or Affinity Photo to edit.
- and a lot more.
Five Things I like about Camera+ 2
- Clarity -This is a cool tool in the editing Box. It a quick way to touch up any photo. Works better than Apple’s Auto-Enhance functionality. When Apple’s Auto-Enhance doesn’t work you should try Camera2 + Clarity.
- Siri Shortcuts - You can take pictures quickly via Siri. you don’t need to unlock the screen! Simply set up a Siri action and a picture gets taken. There are 9 Siri Shortcut actions available within Camera2 +. Simply record your voice to the action. Then later when Siri hears you say it, it will perform the action.
I would recommend setting up a Selfie Siri Action, to make taking selfie pictures even easier.
- Frames - Hidden in the Editing toolbox are 27 overlay frames. These add a nice mockup type of effect on images - which would standout when posting on Instagram or Facebook. For example, you can add a film around an image to give it neat effect.
- Smile Mode - Easily take a selfie by smiling.
- Focus Highlighting - No more trying to guess on what's the camera is focused on. Makes it easy to know what the camera is actually looking at.
Click on image for a larger version.
The above shows the power of the Clarity functionality in Camera2 Plus. You can see more of the train station when the Clarity filter is applied.
- The Slow Shutter functionality is a bit hard to configure/understand how it works. There isn’t really any documentation.
- The Camera2 Plus update didn’t include any Apple Watch functionality. The old version did have a simple Apple Watch App.
Getting Camera2 Plus
Camera 2 Plus is available to purchase in the iOS store. Currently it's only $2.99.
I think it's worth the investment for the five points that I mentioned above. The Clarity filter comes in handy when you want a quick touchup to any photo and don't have time/resources to touch the image on the computer.