iPhone Video Capture
One of the nice things about the iPhone XS Max is the video quality. Users have the ability to select from six different video quality:
- 720p HD at 30 fps - Standard (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 1080p HD at 30 fps - Default Section
- 1080p HD at 60 fps - Produces Smoother videos. Better for Capture-to-Photo
- 4K at 24 fps - Film Style
- 4K at 30 fps - Higher Quality Film Style
- 4K at 60 fps - Smoother Videos but takes a lot of disk space
Higher resolution means more detail in each frame
Good Video also Means good Photo Opportunity
The good thing about taking a high quality video is that you can get a high quality capture. So you can share a good frame.
A standard screen capture on the iPhone XS Max will give you an image dimension of 2688 x 1242, which isn't all that bad since a standard photo taken on the iPhone XS Max is 4032 x 3024.
Simply watch the video, pause it, wait for a few seconds for the pause icon to go away and do a screen capture.
Combination of iPhone XS Max and Procam 6 produces very cool photos.
One Step Better
If you have ProCam 6, you can take a better picture because with ProCam you can take a snapshot of the video at 3840 x 2160 (4k).
Steps to Capture a Video using ProCam
- Open up ProCam and click on the image on the bottom left
- Find the Video that you want (Video folder is a good starting point.)
- Click Edit on the bottom right - Don't worry your not editing the video
- Now scroll or Play the video to the point you want to capture.
- Click on the Down icon - to the right of the Play icon.
- A new file was created in the Camera Roll
The nice thing about this is that you can do the photo creative on the iPhone. Previously I would have to download this to the computer and watch it full screen to get the best resolution.
This is a good technique to use when the subject matter is hard to capture. For example, taking a class picture of a bunch of school kids. You can search for the perfect shot.
In the above situation, I had my iPhone XS Max on a Monopod and was scanning the crowd. It would have been tricky to find the right time to take a picture.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.