Many years ago I found a list of “My Favorite Things at Walt Disney World.” written by a diehard Disney fan.
Here’s my ten things that I look forward to at every trip at the Magic Kingdom:
- Walking down Main Street USA, making the turn by the Emporium and looking down Main Street.
- Walking through the doors at the Haunted Mansion. Feeling the cold air and that distinct Haunted Mansion smell
- The smell of popcorn on Main Street USA
- Feeling the mist in the Pirated of the Caribbean ride
- The smell of gasoline at Tomorrowland Speedway
- Seeing the park transform at night.
- Playing a game of chess with my daughter at Tom Sawyer Island
- Enjoying a Dole Whip while watching people ride the Magic Carpets of Aladdin.
- Watching the Carousel of Progress show - always see something new.
- Enjoying breakfast at the Crystal Palace as the first big meal of the Disney Vacation.
The orginal list:
My Favorite Things at Walt Disney World
This is just a fun list I brainstormed one day when I was "homesick" for WDW. I
posted the list in rec.arts.disney.parks and was amazed at the huge response as
a lot of other people posted their own personal lists of favorite things. Since I don't
have the permission of those folks, I'll stick with my original list here, but you
might want to put your own together just for fun.
- "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...da da da da da (couldn't remember the words) and warm woolen mittens...brown paper packages tied up with string"...none of these can compare with my favorite things at WDW:
- Entering the turnstiles, walking under the train station, and viewing the castle for the first time every trip
- The turn-of-the-century music in the town square of Main Street
- The big dill pickles you can buy in the cul-de-sac east of Main Street
- Smelling the bakery and the candy shop
- Breakfast at the Crystal Palace (Puffed French Toast)
- An evening at the marketplace, browsing the stores, especially the kitchen store, the character shop, and the book store
- Pirates of the Carribean...especially the dirty foot of the one Buccaneer that sits on the bridge toward the end of the town sceens
- Strolling past the lawns and gardens surrounding Cinderella's castle
- Browsing in the Yankee Peddler
- "Helping" my wife mix purfumes in the Old Antique shop
- Tony's Town Square Cafe
- Slowly strolling the World Showcase Promenade... when everyone else is walking fast
- Sitting in the lobby of the Grand Floridian...watching all the people that can afford to stay at this hotel and wondering if someday I'll be one of them
- Soaking in the atmosphere at Dixie Landings
- Riding the mountains (Space, Splash, and Big Thunder)
- Impressions De France
- The impromptu plays and events in World Showcase (the Chinese Jugglers, skits in the United Kingdom)
- Listening to the phone "conversations" in the Main Street Market House
- The organ music as I walk by the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
- The jungle cruise at night
What About Your List?
What's on your bucket list? What are your favorite things that you look forward to each Disney World trip?