Lawn mower repair
Advice on Taking Care of Your Push Mower
Recently I had issues with my lawn motor. It was smoking and wasn't always starting. I saw a lawn sign for a local small engine repair guy. I had him check it out and see what was wrong with the machine.
My Craftsman 675 Series Lawn Mower stopped working.
Things I Learned
He told me that I had too much oil in the engine and was flooded. It appears that there were oil deposits in the filter. It took him a lot of work. It cost me $140 for the repair.
He said I was fortunate as many people lose their machines because the cost of repair is greater than the device itself.
He advised not to leave gasoline in the tank in the winter. He suggested letting the gas burn out at the last use in the fall.
The blade didn't need replacing but he suggested that next year to replace it.
He told me that it's natural to see some smoke when starting the engine with new oil. The smoke should go away shortly after using the lawnmower. If it doesn't, make sure to stop the lawnmower and check the oil level.
Thoughts on Taking Care of a Push Mower
There is a lot of debate on the best way to take care of a push lawn mower. Some people say that you should only use a specific type of oil, others recommend using gasoline and ethanol mixed together. But what is the right answer for taking care of your push lawn mower?
The truth is that there isn't just one answer when it comes to how to properly take care of your push lawn mower ' it depends on the make and model you have. However, there are some general tips that will help keep your machine running smoothly all season long:
- Always read the owner's manual before starting up your machine. This will give you specific instructions on how to operate and maintain your particular model.
- -Be sure to sharpen or replace blades regularly ' dull blades can cause damage to the grass and make pushing the mower more difficult.
- -Check engine oil levels before each use, and be sure to refill if needed (using proper viscosity oil as specified by the manufacturer).
- -Keep in mind that overfilling or underfilling engine oil can also cause problems, so always consult the owner's manual for correct fill level specs
- -If possible, avoid leaving the machine in direct sunlight or other extreme weather conditions; excessive heat or cold can damage internal parts over time
If you follow these simple tips, you can help ensure that your push lawnmower lasts for many seasons!
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.
© 2022 - cryan.com