Gradient with Transparency
Creating a Gradient with one color at one end and end in transparancy is very easy to do in Affinity Designer.
I discovered this when I was trying to create the effect in Apple Motion. It was so much easier to do in Affinity Designer. I imported my final design into Apple Motion as a PNG with a transparent background. it worked great!
Creating a transparent Gradient
These are the simple steps to transform a simple rectangle to have a single color and fade into transparency.
- Use the rectangle tool and create a shape.
- Click on the Fill in the tool.
- Click on the Gradient Tab.
- Click on one end of the Gradient and select your desired color
- Click on the other end of the Gradient
- Now Click on Opacity and set it to 0%
That's it! Now when you place the transparent end you'll see the underlying color.
Now you can use the Gradient controller to determine the level of gradient that you want.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.