Photoscape 4.2.1 Update
List of the Latest Features
Version 4.2 shipped in January 2022. This is the release note on the new features:
- New Object Effects: Inner Glow, Inner Shadow, Emboss
- New Image Effects: Outline
- Added Background, Fill, Color, Masks options to Image and Sticker Objects
- Added Mask option to Color and Film Effects
- Added Close menu to Collage tab
- Added 'Merge Selected Layers' to Editor tab
- Added 'Font Favorites'
- Added 'WEB Quality option'
- Added 32 Camouflage Patterns
- Added 180 Flower Stickers
- Added 469 more Pixel Stickers
- Selecting and Editing Multiple Objects
- Improved Object Effects: Long Shadow, Overlays & Masks
- Improved Shadows/Highlights Filter
- Improved Ul
- Fixed bugs
Quick Sample of some the the features in this update
Six Things I Learned from the New update
This update was a month late! In the past, PhotoScape did their major updates in Oct/Dec. I am not complaining, I just like to see what cool things that the PhotoScape team comes up with.
The Inner Glow, Inner Shadow are great ways to add make text objects stand out more.
Webp capability - Now I can save files in Webp format and see the savings using that format. (For example, the image used in this Blog post is 40 KB had I used Jpeg format it would have been 76 KB)
Note: Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, and Graphic Converter don't offer support for Webp. Pixelmator Pro does allow users to save in Webp format but PhotoScape is the only app that I have that shows the preview of the saved image.
Font Favorites are a great addition! Now I can quickly switch between fonts and not have to scroll the long menu just to get to a font that I want.
The flower stickers and pixel stickers are nice, but I don't think that I'll ever use them. I guess its a good way to create a comic graphic? There's a lot of variety in the Pixel stickers, certainly worth a scroll through to get ideas.
The Camouflage Patterns are a nice addition to the large pattern library. They add a nice touch as a background color in text. I didn't realize that there were 32 different camouflage patterns.