iPhone XS Max vs Flip MinoHD
Ten years ago I got the Flip Video camera for my birthday. This is a pretty cool device that makes it easy to take quick videos. Earlier this week, I was thinking of how much better technology is the iPhone XS Max to a camera that I had 10-years ago?
I decided to do a face-off of both cameras, on Boylston Street in Boston. Can you really tell the difference? Am I better off bringing the Flip Camera on trips for video when I want to save battery life?
Some notes on the Flip Camera
- The Flip MinoHD came out in July 2008, I got mine in September, 2008.
- The Flip Mino HD camera only supports 1280 x720 video.
- The iPhone XS Max was taking 1920x1080 video, I didn’t want to scale it down to the 720p HD because realistically I wouldn’t be shooting that load of a setting.
- There is a bit more of a camera shake on the flip because it was a bit hard to hold.
- The Flip camera has a max of 2-hours limit on the 8GB card. The video will stop recording after 1-hour (4 GB)
- The flip camera audio was in stereo - although there wasn’t anything to hear in the above clip.
Some notes on the iPhone XS Max Video
- The iPhone XS Max does a great job with stabilization
- The camera angle is much wider.
- Colors in the video are much brighter
- Interesting that the camera only recorded in Mono
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.