Tavern on the Square
New Framingham Location
There is a new restaurant at Shoppers World Framingham, Tavern on the Square, which has opened in the previously occupied area by John Harvard's. The restaurant offers a variety of dishes, including burgers, sandwiches, salads, and more. It also has an extensive bar menu with craft beer and cocktails. The atmosphere is casual and welcoming, making it a great spot for a relaxed dinner or lunch.
John Harvard in 2019 and Tavern on the Square in 2023. (Same Location)
Situated in the heart of Framingham, the new Tavern on the Square location boasts a spacious and inviting ambiance. The restaurant's elegant decor, cozy seating arrangements, and warm lighting create a welcoming setting for guests to relax and enjoy their dining experience. Whether you're visiting for a casual lunch with friends or a romantic dinner for two, Tavern on the Square provides the perfect backdrop for any occasion.
Five things we learned
- We used to have to drive a considerable distance to other locations, so we are happy this restaurant is so close. The convenience of this new restaurant has been a great blessing to us. We really like the way they have changed the place from John Harvard. It is much more spacious and brighter than before.
- Appetizer Choice: Chicken wings are my daughter's favorite appetizer. She hasn't found a restaurant that offers gluten-free wings. Her all time favorite was Durgin Park.
- The restaurant manager came to our table to deliver the gluten free wings. He informed us that 79% of the menu items could be made gluten free, and that the servers are well-trained on what items can be made gluten free.
- Dinner Choice: Fish and Chips. It is one of the few places in New England that sells Gluten Free Fish and Chips. My daughter says they are good and crispy. She waited all day for the meal and wasn't disappointed.
- Desert Choice: My daughter ordered the Flourless Chocolate Cake. She said it was delicious. Her only complaint was the portion size was small.
Gluten Free Fish and Chips, Wings, and Flourless Chocolate Cake
We'll be Back!
It was a pleasure eating at The Tavern on the Square. We are looking forward to going back! Right now the restaurant is really busy - as other people are excited about the new location. You can make reservations online - just make them far in advance. The wait can be more than an hour during business hours.
It will be nice to have another local restaurant for my daughter to visit. She is looking forward to trying out other dishes on future visits. I think she will love the Tavern Burger with Tator Tots!