Setting QA Goals
Some ideas for Practical Goals for Individual Contributor
Quality assurance (QA) goals are objectives that a QA team or organization sets in order to ensure that the products or services they provide meet certain standards of quality. These goals may be specific to a particular project or product, or they may be more general and apply to the QA team's overall approach to quality assurance. Some common QA goals include:
- Ensuring that products or services meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Identifying and addressing potential defects or issues in a timely manner.
- Implementing effective testing and quality control processes to prevent defects from occurring in the first place.
- Ensuring that products or services are released on time and within budget.
- Continuously improving the QA team's processes and procedures in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Providing comprehensive and accurate documentation for all products and services.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with other teams and stakeholders within the organization.
- Providing a positive customer experience through excellent customer service and support. Overall, the goal of quality assurance is to ensure that products and services are of the highest possible quality and that they meet the needs and expectations of customers and other stakeholders.