The Doggie Dooley is a way to turn dog poop into fertilizer. Basically you no longer throw poop in a bag and into the trash - now you scoop poop and place it in the Doggie Dooley - which is buried in your yard. It works let a mini septic system.
Five Things I learned
- It was really easy to assemble the main Doggie compartment. You get five extra screws.
- You need to dig two holes. One hole that the Doggie Dooley sits in. The second hole is 10” wide where the poop actually goes when you place it in the Doggie Dooley.
- The problem is that the second hole has to be 42” deep. This is in addition to the 16” from the first hole. There aren’t many shovels that can go that far down.
- I ran into lots of roots while I was digging. I found that using hedge clippers help cut through some of the bigger roots. We knew that we would run into roots and selected a location where it would be a minimal issue.
- After digging for a while, I ran into lots of rocks. It made it difficult to continue digging a deeper hole. I decided to stop and see how it works out.
Hope for the best
Looking forward to seeing if the Doggie Dooley works out. We do have to put a lot of water in the hole.
The hole is far away from any plants so I don’t think we’ll see any ground nutrient improvement.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.