Some Classic Commercials from my VHS collection.
This week's feature is a collection of commercials from May 2001 from San Francisco California. These classic commercials are a reminder of how young the internet was.
Hard to believe that these commercials will be 21 years old this year. (That's like watching commercials from the 1980s in 2001.)
- Kristi Yamaguchi promoting K101
- California Department of Health Services - Stop smoking campaign
- Pacific Bell - 'What's up with all these companies that aren't focused on customers'?
- Jack in the Box - Play of the Day with the Triple Ultimate Cheeseburger.
- Mitsubishi 'Wake up and Drive' - Catchy tune commercial featuring 'Start the Commotion.' The commercial caused the song to reach the top 40 in the USA in 2001 - four years after it was released.
- Toyota Corolla featuring Steve Young - Not sure why, San Francisco Quarterback, Steve Young was featured in these commercials. Does anyone think that he actually drives a Toyota Corrolla in real life?
- Real Cheese with a cameo by Bob Dole - A fictional presidential candidate mistakes says he doesn't like cheese. So what does Bob Dole think about this?
- onMoney.com - Introducing the ability to have the entire financial world at your fingertips. The company closed in 2004.
- Shopnow.com - Why aren't people going to your website to buy?
- Gateway Country Store - Just as Apple was about to open its first store in Tysons Corner, Virginia, Gateway started promoting its stores on major TV networks. Apple never really considered them a competitor.
- Mother's Cookies - Commercial that features people that have worked at the company for a long time. I wonder how many of those people featured are still working there today?