|April 5, 2016|
Delicious Gluten Free Cookies
Just because you have to eat gluten free does not mean that you have to eat blah cookies or be a master chief at mixing flour-like ingredients. Thanks to the 'Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix' by Betty Crocker, you can make delicious yummy cookies at home.
We have tried other gluten free cookies and some of them come out good. What makes Betty Crocker better is that its Betty Crocker. It tastes the same as any other batch of cookies that we use to make from Betty Crocker. Nobody will ever know that they are gluten free. In fact, I would recommend getting two boxes because these cookies will disappear very quickly.
You can find a box of the "Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix" at most major supermarkets; Stop and Shop, Market Baskets, Shaws, and Wegmans. It's usually stocked in the regular baking aisle. Some stores will put them on the top shelf.
It easy to make the cookie dough, simply add a stick of soft butter, an egg and a teaspoon of vanilla to the cookie dough. The only tricky thing with the Betty Crocker baking mix is remembering the vanilla extract. Many other cookie mixes that we used didn't require that.
We add a couple of things to make the cookies really special. Some tips:
- We use unsalted Stop and Shop brand butter. I soften the butter stick by putting it in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
- To mix the dough, it's much easier to just roll up your sleeve and use you both hand to mix it up. I find that it goes much faster and mixes better than using any stirring device.
- To add some addition flavor we wrap some of the cookies around Hershey's kisses. Basically, you take a Hershey Kiss and make it the center of a dough ball. The chocolate melts very nice in the oven.
- There's nothing special about cooking it in the oven, it takes about 13 minutes to cook. Parchment paper works best and what most bakeries use when they make cookies. We have had delicious cookies using Pam sprayed on a regular cookie sheet.
- Clean up is easy and quick.
A box of Betty Crocker makes about 18 medium size cookies. They are best when eaten minutes after taking them out of the oven.
|Bhawna Saini|| |
April 6, 2016.
I hope I find them at my local grocery shop (fingers crossed)! @bhawnasaini_yml from Yellow Mellow Life
|Sheila @ A Postcard a Day|| |
April 7, 2016.
I must look out for this, or something similar. I think I have seen Betty Crocker mixes in some of the bigger supermarkets. I have a friend who has to be gluten free and it would be great to be able to have some freshly baked.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.