Green Pool Fix
Here's how we have been able to convert an ugly green pool into a nice clear pool that everyone wants to swim in. It doesn't take a lot of work, just time and patience.
Note: We have a 14,645 gallon (52996 Liters) size pool.
- 4 gallons of Liquid Shock
- Algicide (16 oz)
- First Aid pool cleaner
- Turn on the Pool Pump and Filter
- Run the Filter backwash for about a minute.
- Dump the 4 gallons of Liquid shock into the pool. Make sure to pour each gallon in a different part of the pool. Be careful when you do this as some of the backslash may stain your clothes.
- Put in 7oz of Algicide in the pool. Make sure to spread the amount all over the pool. I like to make sure that the center of the pool gets plenty of Algicide since when the pool runs most of the allergy will move towards the center.
- Run the Pump and Filter for at least 10 hours
The pool should be less green with some white, now it's time to clear it up.
- You should run the Filter Backwash for a couple of minutes.
- Put in 1/2 the bottle of First Aid in the pool, again making sure to spread the amount all over the pool.
Pool should be less white today. If not, add a bit more of the First Aid and then follow the next steps.
- You should run the filter's backwash for a couple of minutes.
- Run an automatic pool cleaner for several hours. This is important to run to completely remove all the dead allergies that have floated to the bottom of the pool. You won't get the pool completely clean until they are gone.
- We love to use Diver Dave. Diver Dave is a highly efficient automatic pool cleaner that crawls around the flat bottom of your above ground pool eating up most everything in sight.
- After running the automatic pool cleaner for several hours, you should run the filter's backwash for a couple of minutes.
- Run the Pump and Filter over night
Day Four and Five
Run the filter's backwash for a couple of minutes.
- Continue to run the filter for 8 hours, you may need to add some additional Algicide or First Aid depending on how bad the pool looks.