For the past 29 days, I have been using Mac OS 10.3 (Code name Panther). Some of the features that I really like are:
- Updated Finder. Making it easier to navigate to frequently use folders.
- iChat Video. Cool idea, just have to know mac users in order to use it.
- Easy to Install and view fonts.
- Exposť, the fastest way to get to any open application's window.
However I have run into a few problems:
- The desktop frequently crashes whenever I move files on the desktop to a folder that is also on the desktop.
- Mail's Junk Mail feature is not working.
- iMovie frequently crashed whenever I open the application.
The following are features that I would like to see in future upgrades:
- The ability to lock your computer, like the ctrl-alt-delete feature in Windows.
- Better database integration. (Apache, PHP, and Perl are installed by default. Why not MySQL?)
- Printing all the Fonts that are installed in your computer. (A font info sheet)
- The ability to view the current month calendar when you click on the clock in the menu bar.
- Better FTP integration from the finder.
Overall its a nice upgrade, but I wouldn't put it in the category of a must have upgrade. You bet bet is to wait for next year since that release will probably cost $100. Unless Apple decides to give a discount to customers who bought Panther.