Best Screen Capture Tool for Chrome
When it comes to screen capture applications there are a lot of different options. You certainly don't need to buy one as all the major operating systems now have built-in screen capture tools.
If you constantly take screen shots of webpages in Google Chrome there's one tool that stands out above the rest. That's Snag-it.
A "Must Have" Tool for QA
What makes Snag-it the best screen capture tool for Chrome? Well, there are things that I can think of.:
- Snag-it will automatically capture the inner window browser frame area. This means that you can capture the main webpage area. You don't need to play around guessing the window area.
- Snag-it can capture the whole browser window. So if you need to show the URL in your screenshot you can.
- Snag-it can scroll and capture the full webpage. This is useful when you need to capture the whole page in a bug report or for archive purposes.
- You can select multiple regions. This is great when you have two Chrome browsers open and you're doing a comparison. You can also have shown the page against a product spec and highlight areas that are incorrect.
- You can capture both images and video using the browser region functionality.
- You can drag and drop a Bookmark icon to the Snagit Menu Bar icon, or to the Dock icon to quickly get a full website capture. Downside: If your site requires a login you would only see the login page. Still a neat way to capture a URL without having to load it in a browser.
- When you capture the website the URL is saved as part of the MetaData. You can view the content using the "Capture Info" under Effect Styles. Not only will you get the URL, but Snagit will display the Google Chrome version and the date/time of capture. All useful information in any bug report.
You can try out SnagiT for free for 15-days from TechSmith's website: Download Free Trial. After that the cost is $49.95.
What do you think?
Is there another tool that offers better screen capture functionality? Let me know what I am missing in the comments below.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.