|February 9, 2017|
"Then & Now" MOS Exhibit
Did you know that the Boston Museum of Science has an exhibit that looks back at some of the histories of the museum? You can take a step in time and look back at some of the famous exhibits at the museum.
You can read all about how the museum transformed from the Boston Society of Natural History in 1860 to what it is today.
Some of the features in this Exhibit
- Pictures of the Boston Society of Natural History
- Birds that were on display at the "Boston Society of Natural History"
- Pictures of some old Exhibits, remember the Hatch Egg?
- Pictures of the original Dinosaur and why they changed it.
- Pictures of Spooky - The Museums Great Horned Owl
- Turbidity Column Exhibit
- Interact with The Tooth Exhibit
- Interact with the first Interactive Exhibit, the Ermine.
- Watch a classic 1980s commercial of the Museum - Where its fun to find out"
This is a cool place to walk through if you visited the museum when you were a kid. You can see many familiar things from the museum past.
Finding the Exhibit
The "Then & Now" exhibit is on Level 2 in the Blue Wing, just beyond the Science in the Park in the Theater of Electricity.
Thanks to the Sponsors!
The exhibit was made possible through the generosity of Joan and Herman Suit, and the George Willard Smith Endowment Fund.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.