Framingham Dog Park
Opening soon near the Skate Park
Framingham will soon get a doggy park!
After many years of residents requesting a place for their pups to play, a park for dogs is coming in 2022.
Location of the Park
The Framingham dog park will be located in a strip of open land next to Farm Pond. Specifically its directly across from the Longs Athletic Complex.
Features of the Dog Park
Some features of the park:
- Fence in area so the dogs can roam freely.
- Separate fence area for smaller dogs.
- Play equipment in both areas - ramps, hoops, agility poles and more.
- Shaded area for dogs to cool off on hot days.
- Permeable surface so paws don't get hurt
- Water for Dogs and their humans.
- Special design lock system to prevent dogs from escaping.
The park is being designed by Radner Design Associates
Who's Paying for it?
The site is expected to cost around $262,000. About 90% of the construction cost will be covered by the Stanton Foundation Grant
In order to qualify for the grant the remaining 10% must come from the City of Framingham.
Opening Spring 2022
The planning committee hopes to welcome dogs in the Spring of 2022. Watch for more announcements and the grand opening celebration.