Purity Supreme Circular
Check out the circular that is 30-years old this week.
Recently I was going through an old bin in the basement and came across an old flyer for Purity Angelo's and Heartland. This is from July 9th, 1989.
Yes this flyer is 30-years old! Download the PDF version of the Flyer and check it out!
The flyer was for the stores on Cape Cod. I probably saved this because that's when I was working at the Purity Supreme in Dennis.
Purity Supreme was acquired by Stop & Shop in 1995.
Four Things I Learned from this Flyer
- There are lots of coupons in the flyer. It appears it was a way to get people to read the flyer.
- Sweet Bing Cherries are about a $1 more at Market Basket.
- Today's flyer's all full of color. This particular flyer appears to only use green and black.
- This flyer came out when coconut oil and palm old was considered bad. The flyer mentions how it was cut out of all the bakery products.
- One of the things I remember When I workin in the Dairy department, was that when Tropicana went on sale we would have to stock it up. On some days, Tropicana half gallons would have to get restocked more frequently than some gallons of milk. In this flyer it had Tropicana for 2 for $3, which was a good deal.
- Klondike Bars are advertised at $2.39 - about the same price today at Market Basket.