Trick: Create Transparent Profile Image
Filter out the background images from Portrait images
A cool feature of ProCam 6 Ios App, is the ability to create transparent images from Portrait mode photos. This is using the Background Remover functionality.
Here's an example of a before/after:
Simple Instructions to Isolate the Foreground Image
- Open ProCam
- Click on the image thumbnail on the bottom left
- Find an image that was taken using Portrait mode and select it.
- Make sure that the words 'DEPTH' appears at the bottom, next to Edit
- Click on Edit.
- Use the Depth Editor
- Click on the second icon from the left. (Looks like a checkerboard)
- Adjust the amount of tolerance for the foreground.
- Click Save
A new PNG file will be created in your Photos album.
Three Things I Learned About Doing this
- Not all photos will work. Apparently, ProCam requires a portrait photo that has a good facial image to remove the background. If you are experiencing issues you may want to try taking pictures using the ProCam 6 app.
- The resulting PNG file will keep all the Meta information (Location, Color profile, Device, Latitude, and Longitude)
- The PNG file is the same size as the original file (4032 x 3024)
This is cool when you need a profile picture for work profiles such as Linkedin/Slack. You can easily add the Company logo/building in the background.
You can purchase/download ProCam 6 from the Apple Store for $5.99.