Framingham Mayor Election
There are two remaining candidates in the running for to be the first Mayor of Framingham:
Framingham voters should check out the websites of the two candidates to learn more about their plan as the first town mayor.
Do you know?
Test your knowledge:
- Which candidate has an action plan for the first 100 days?
- Who will implement a six-month moratorium on new apartments?
- Which candidate will create a Framingham Planning and Development Agency?
- Which one will create a 311 Hotline to the Mayor's office?
Endorements are Coming in
While Spicer did very well in the primary in September, John Stefanini has done a lot of campaigning in the last few weeks. In the process, he has picked up some key endorsements.
Yvonne Spicer Endorements
- Teri Banerjee Charter Commissioner, Town Moderator
- Adam Blumer, Charter Clerk
- Framingham Teachers Association
- Jordan Ramsay Framingham High Class of 2017 President
- Environmental League of Massachusetts Action Fund
- Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus
John Stefanini, Endorements
- The Central Massachusetts AFL-CIO
- The Framingham-Newton Building Trades Council
- Roofers & Waterproofers Union Local No. 33
- Iron Workers Local 7
- Carpenters Local Union 26
- Framingham Police Superior Officers
- Mark S. Tilden. Former Candidate for Mayor of Framingham
Not Over on Election Day
Framingham residents that are concern about the traffic conditions around town can make a difference even if their candidate doesn't win on November 7th. One of the responsibilities of the new mayor will be to appointment a new Traffic Commission.
The new commission will require four town residents appointed by the town council.
Town Charter describing the new commission:
(a) Establishment, Scope. Until such time as provided otherwise by paragraph (a) of section 1 of this Article, there shall be a traffic commission which shall consist of the police chief, the fire chief, the director of public works, the superindentant of schools, or each of their designees, and four residents: one from the business community, one from the downtown area (defined as the area within a one mile radius of the intersection of Routes 126 and 135), and two residents at-large. All resident members shall be appointed by the council, but shall not be members of the council. Such appointed members shall serve for 3 year terms.
Election Day in a few days
I believe this will be a much closer election than the primary. I still haven't decided on who I'll vote for, and it will probably be a game day decsion.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.
© 2022 - cryan.com