Yesterday, we watched the 2012 Boston Marathon in front of the La Cantina restaurant in Framingham MA. Heres some tips on watching the marathon from Framingham:
- Arrive early! It takes about a 1/2 hour for the runners to get to the corner of Winter Street and 135. Don't wait until the last minute to arrive!
- If you arrive before 8:30, you'll find plenty of parking at the Joseph P. Keefe Technical High School. After 9, you'll probably be parking on Fountain Street.
- Bring a beach chair or blanket to sit on.
- Bring plenty of drinks and snacks!
- You can find plenty of viewing spots if you continue to walk east on 135.
- Before the lead runners arrive, you'll see several police motorcycles and then the media car.
- Anytime you see a media car, you'll be sure that it's a lead runner.
- Take lots of pictures and video and cheer on the runners!
The schedule below lists the various divisions and arrival times for the 2012 Boston Marathon to mile marker 5:
9:30 a.m. - Mobility Impaired Arrive
9:47 a.m. - Push-rim Wheelchair Division Arrive
9:52 a.m. - Handcycle Participants Arrive
10:02 a.m. - Elite Women's Arrive
10:30 a.m. - Elite Men's and Wave One Arrive
10:40 a.m. - Wave Two Arrive
11:20 a.m. - Wave Three Arrive
Runners will pass through Framingham headed east from the Ashland town line to the Natick town line on Rt. 135, (Waverly Street in Framingham).