Yesterday, we watched the 2012 Boston Marathon in front of the La Cantina restaurant in Framingham MA. Heres some tips on watching the marathon from Framingham:
- Arrive early! It takes about a 1/2 hour for the runners to get to the corner of Winter Street and 135. Don't wait until the last minute to arrive!
- If you arrive before 8:30, you'll find plenty of parking at the Joseph P. Keefe Technical High School. After 9, you'll probably be parking on Fountain Street.
- Bring a beach chair or blanket to sit on.
- Bring plenty of drinks and snacks!
- You can find plenty of viewing spots if you continue to walk east on 135.
- Before the lead runners arrive, you'll see several police motorcycles and then the media car.
- Anytime you see a media car, you'll be sure that it's a lead runner.
- Take lots of pictures and video and cheer on the runners!
The schedule below lists the various divisions and arrival times for the 2012 Boston Marathon to mile marker 5:
9:30 a.m. - Mobility Impaired Arrive
9:47 a.m. - Push-rim Wheelchair Division Arrive
9:52 a.m. - Handcycle Participants Arrive
10:02 a.m. - Elite Women's Arrive
10:30 a.m. - Elite Men's and Wave One Arrive
10:40 a.m. - Wave Two Arrive
11:20 a.m. - Wave Three Arrive
Runners will pass through Framingham headed east from the Ashland town line to the Natick town line on Rt. 135, (Waverly Street in Framingham).
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.