QA Fail: Citizen's Bank Card Replacement
This is not 1984. Implement a better card replace process.
If you live in New England, you probably have seen the Citizens Bank 'Ding' commercial several times. They are promoting the use of the Citizens Bank card for all type of transactions.
In case you missed it, here's the commercial:
Lost Card? You got a Problem!
What happens if you lose your card, or your card gets involved in a Credit Card Data Breach?
Citizens Bank will replace your card with a new number - but it will take 3 to 5 business for the new card to arrive. Yup, you'll be without the use of a Debit Card for at least 3 to 5 days. Good thing they are promoting using it for everyday purchases.
So much for paying for that Pumpkin Spice Latte with the Ding...
QA Fails: Citizen's Bank Card Replacement
Five Reasons QA Fails the Citizen's Bank Card Replacement Process:
- It's 2021, there's no reason why it should take 3 to 5 business days to get a new card.
- Credit Card Data breaches are happening all the time. So regardless of how careful you are with your credit card number - the number could get stolen because of a merchant's bad security.
- Why would you encourage people to use it for everyday purchases but not have a system in place to get new cards out quicker?
- Many translations require a credit card for purchases - such as parking garages. Cash won't help you if you need to park at the Prudential Center Parking garage.
- I know that many people carry multiple credit cards, so not having a single card isn't a big deal. However, many people are trying to get out of credit card debt.