Ballhead Arm Super Clamp Mount
A tripod can be really helpful in creating steady shots. The problem is that if you want a second camera to capture a different view from the same vantage point, it usually means that you need to have a second tripod. That isn't the case.
The Ballhead Arm Super Clamp allows you to mount a second camera to a tripod. It's really easy to install and strong enough to hold a DSLR.
The clamp cost about $14 to $20 on Amazon.com.
Five Things I have Learned
I have been using the clamp for a couple of months to record videos at a local church. Here are some of the things I have learned:
- I have found this is best as a set it and forget it. It's not very easy to move the camera left and right. This is best when you need a steady shot.
- There is a soft cushion inside the clamp. This prevents the clamp from doing any damage to the tripod.
- Not weatherproof! This isn't good to use outside if it rains or snows. I have found that some of the silver pieces will rust.
- Watch the weight! Especially on smaller tripods, you may not be able to balance this with another camera on the main tripod.
- The clamp is strong and when it's in it stays. I have never had it loosen up on me using it on a tripod or on a Pool Pole.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.