Nauset Beach at Sunrise
Great Location to take morning sunrise
In August we woke up early to catch the summer sunrise at Nauset Beach in Orleans Massachusetts.
Five Things We Learned
- We arrived just as the sun was coming up. We should have planned it better and arrived at about 10-mins before the sunrise to get the best effect.
- There were a few people at the beach but a lot less than it was at the sunset at Ocean Edge the night before.
- There was plenty of open beach for pictures. Most people were on the northern side of the beach - near the parking lot entrance. We parked all the way on the other side giving us plenty of beaches to take family photos.
- We saw a few people leave moments after the sunrise. There were a few people who were sitting on benches enjoying coffee.
- After leaving the beach we stopped at the Chocolate Sparrow for a post sunrise treat. We couldn't go earlier as they don't open until 6:39 am. It was a nice way to treat all those who were crazy enough to get up early.