Sometimes you need a quality microphone for your iPhone. That’s why every iPhone videographer should have a clip-on microphone in their utility bag.
Getting quality audio is critical to any videographer game plan. The clip-on microphone can help get the best possible audio when the standard camera audio just won’t work.
Last month I purchased the Ultimate Lavalier Microphone for Bloggers and Vloggers Lapel Mic Clip-on Omnidirectional Condenser for iPhone on Amazon. This has come in handy several times when filming.
Five Things I Learned
- Super cheap $10 for 2 microphones. No excuse to get one for those just in case moments.
- This microphone has the TRRS audio jack which is supported in every iPhone that Apple has made. It also works on an iMac audio port.
- This means you can use an old iPhone as an alternative audio source for your videos. Have an old iPhone 5s? Why not put it to use?
- Sound quality is good. I tested against various audio clips and found it to be good.
- The nice thing is that you can put the microphone in places where the iPhone may not fit. This gives the videographer the flexibility to record audio from a speaker when the iPhone can’t easily be placed.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.