Upload to Different YouTube Channels
If you manage multiple YouTube accounts under the same login, it can be difficult to setup up the Final Cut Pro export option. This is because when you set up the YouTube export option, there is no option on which channel to upload the video. The video will always get uploaded to the default account.
This is a common situation for people with branded YouTube accounts.
This is a problem if the intended video is for another channel. You can't move videos between channels. According to YouTube official instructions you have to download the video, switch to the other channel then re-upload the video.
Alternatively you could just export the video to the Desktop and then open up Chrome and YouTube and then upload the file to the channel of your choice.
So the quick and easy solution is to assign a different email address to the channel that you want to upload to. This is a bit tricky to set up, so let me walk you through the steps.
Note: You can easily set up a secondary email account on Gmail, Yahoo, or any place else. You need a real account because you'll need to verify the email and permissions.
Set up the email first, before going through these steps. If you're not using a Gmail account, make sure to log in to Google first before going through all this.
Steps to assign a new user to a YouTube account:
- Go to YouTube.com and click on your image on the top right of the screen, and make sure you're on the channel that you want to assign the new login. (If it's not using the "Switch Account" option to select your channel)
- Then click on the image again, and select "YouTube Studio"
- Click on Settings on the bottom left.
- In the Popup window, select the "Permissions" menu item. You'll see a link where you can Manage Permissions. Click that link.
- You may be asked to log in again - just Google adding an additional layer of security. Click on the "Manage Permissions" button.
- You may be asked to login again - fun times.
- On the Manage permissions dialog, click on the icon in the top right - it looks like a plus sign next to a person. This is how you invite new users.
- Make sure the permissions are set to Owner or Manager - so they can upload videos.
- After you click on the invite button, a confirmation email will get sent to the email address. Click on the link in the email.
Meanwhile Back in Final Cut Pro
Once this is all set up, you can now set up a new YouTube export option.
- Open up Final Cut Pro Preferences (Command ,)
- Select the Destinations in the top menu.
- Click "Add Destination" in the left nav
- Click YouTube
- Sign in to your new YouTube account
Now you'll see two options to export to YouTube. There's no way to configure the name that gets displayed next to the YouTube icon. That might be a setting set up by YouTube.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.