Griffin PowerMate is a programable USB Multimedia Controller. Its a neat tech toy that makes it easy to adjust the volume no matter what application you are in.
Griffin PowerMate has a LED light that can be turned off
Four Things I Have Learned
- Released in 2001 as a UBS device, an upgrade wireless version came out in 2014. The entire product line was discontinued in 2018. You can still buy them on eBay for around $25.00
- My USB PowerMate still works fine in macOS Catalina (version 10.15.4)
- Griffin PowerMate Support website is still available with links to the latest User Guide.
- When I add a Keyboard Shortcut it appears to not to save.
Device Actions Available
- Rotate Left
- Rotate Right
- Long Press
- Rotate Left While Pressed
- Rotate Right While Pressed
Types of Commands Available
- Keyboard Shortcut - Speed up actions by adding application specific shortcuts.
- Scrolling - Scroll through webpages quicker.
- System Event - Available Events: Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute, Play/Pause, Next Track, Previous Track, Power, Eject, Show Desktop, Application Switcher.
- AppleScript - Select an AppleScript file.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.