Creating .ico can be complex, but Xicon makes it easy. You can easily create icons from any size image. There are some tools that help remove the background and add additional touch-ups
X-Icon Editor is an HTML5 application (based on Canvas) that allows you to create high-resolution icons that let your sites shine with IE9 and above. With X-Icon Editor you can quickly get your site ready with a large icon which will be available for pinned sites and the new tab page. Create your own site icon today!
The X-Icon Editor helps you build a high-resolution icon that can include up to 4 sizes: 16x16, 24x24, 32x32 and 64x64 pixels.
Five Things I learned about Xicon Editor
- The site launched on October 28, 2010 by Microsoft.
- You can import any size image to convert to an ico icon.
- Using the paint bucket you can easily remove the background.
- The final image isn't compressed, and the site offers some suggestions to help compress the image.
- The preview is a good way to preview the icon as a bookmark, Window's dock icon, and in the tool bar.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.