Chris' Favorite Gear
Here’s my listing of the gear (and other favorite things) that I use on a daily basis. Each category has been sorted in order of usage. The most used item is on top.
You can always tell a person by the type of gear that they like to use, so here are my favorite collection. I'll update this page every month with whatever latest and greatest technology that I encounter.
Smartphone and Related Accessories
- Apple iPhone 6s Plus 32GB - Great for videos and to take notes on the train.
- Apple iPhone 5s 32GB - Great for pictures and as a social media tool.
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 inch - Perfect for my commuter to/from Boston
- 8" MICRO USB flat Fabric Braided Charge - In orange so that I can quickly find the right cable to charge my Kindle.
- 8” iPhone USB flat Fabric Braided Charge - In red so that I can identify the iPhone cable.
- Anker Multi-Angle Stand - Very cool Smartphone/Tablet stand.
Computers and Accessories
- iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) with 12 GB memory - Main home computer
- Epson Stylus C7800 - Powerful scanner/printer. Works really well. I don't use it as much as I haven't had the need to do much printing or scanning.
- Memorex DVD+R & CD-R - Primary media that I use for offline backups
- Aiwa CA-DW480 Virtual Stereo - I use this to capture audio into my computer and to play music.
- EUASOO Mouse Mice Z-7900 - I use USB Overdrive to configure the extra buttons on my Mac.
- WD My Book 3TB external USB Drive - This is where I backup all my videos and iMovie files
- WD My Passport wireless 1GB - Great for traveling! Easy way to backup SD cards.
- Memorex Double Layer 16x DVD Drive - I use this to burn Dual Layer DVDs. (The iMac didn't support Dual-Layer DVD burning.)
- Satechi ST-UH12P 12 Port USB Hub - Sorry Apple but 4 USB ports on an iMac isn't enough.
- UDI RC U816A UFO Quadcopter 2.4Ghz
- Basic Headphone Coby CV-H42
- uTronic 24 LEDs Super Bright Worklight Flashlight - Great for attic use. Long lasting and extremely bright.
- Telescoping LED Mini Light with Magnetic Pick-Up - Perfect when you need to see in small places.
- Sonic Technology Bug Buster -The ultimate tool for anyone that doesn't like spiders in the house.
- HDE Infraed Thermometer - Great way to see where any temperature differential is around the house.
- Mini Eco-Lite Flashlight - Nightlight by day. Instant emergency light when the power goes out.
Favorite Apple IOS Applications
- MayMyRun++ - Essential App to record running workouts and races.
- FiLMiC Pro - Perfect for video recording the special moments
- Google Photos - Access 100k+ photos that I have in the cloud
- EveryDay - Easy way to take a photo of me everyday
- SoundCloud - Listen to some of the best audio on the internet
- Breaking News - Alerts me when major news happens.
- Fitbit - Tracks my daily step count.
- Amazon - Ability to add products to my cart for later purchases.
- Evernote - Stay Organized. Be Productive . Capture everything with this award winning note taking application.
- Tipsy - This is how I calculate how much to tip when we eat out.