Black Friday 2016 Watch List
Every year, I put together a list of software/hardware that I consider "nice to have." During the past year I tried them out but just can't justify the cost of buying the software. During the peak week of "Black Friday" and "Cyber Monday," I'll watch to see if the products go on sale.
This is my 2016 list of product/services that I am watching. This doesn't mean that I'll be buying all of these items. In prior years, I was watching to see if my printer ink was on sale. I was checking DVD-R prices and just overall technology stuff.
These are the Big Five Macintosh applications that I am watching
- LaunchBar - ($29) I can see using this all the time to move between applications, the clipboard history is very cool
- Path Finder - ($39.95) Great Finder replacement with a lot of power tools I could use on a daily bases.
- Keyboard Maestro - ($36). I have TextExpander, but there are some functionalities in Keyboard Maestro that I like. It was on sale for $19.99 on Social for a while.
- Swift Publisher 4 - ($19.99) I like a lot of their features and see it as a good page layout tool.
- Affinity Photo - ($49.99) A minor update should be available soon. Serif may offer the 20% off which is the discount they offered when Affinity Designer got an upgrade in October.
- SnagIt - Upgrade ($24.95) I have a license and can upgrade to the latest version. This has been included with some bundles, but the software got a big upgrade this summer so they may not promote it as much.
Both Keyboard Maestro and LaunchBar have clipboard history functionality. Having a clipboard history will make it easy to access previously copied text.
Amazon isn't the only store on the internet. Staples and Target should have good deals on some of the products I am watching.
Last year I stood line to at midnight to get a great deal on a USB drive at Best Buy. Even Walgreen and CVS will have door busters on some flash drives. Simply knowing which are the better ones can help know when a deal is perfect.
- 128 GB Flash Drive - ($27.99) I can never have enough disk space. 128 GB seems to be a good size for Flash Drives. I can store 27 DVDs on 128GB flash drive. I like the SanDisk Cruzer Flash Drives.
- Recycle AA Batteries - I could always use a fresh set of batteries.
- Apple Lightning Cable - I could always use a decent Apple Lightning Cable that actually works.
- GraphicStock - ($49/year last New Years Eve) This time of year they will offer a 50% off the yearly membership. Need to figure out if there's enough graphics that I would download to justify the cost. They don't have a good selection of flat vectors.
- Creative Market - (30% Coupon) I missed using a 30% off coupon, perhaps they will offer it again. Turbo Badge Builder, Timeline Elements, and Construct your city, flat vector KIT
- InkyDeals - (50% Coupon) I got a 50% off coupon in October, perhaps they will offer it again.
Where I am watching
I have setup a Google Alert to notify me if the software products are mention in the media. In addition, I'll be checking their Twitter feeds to see if there any announced one-day deals.
I'll be checking store flyers for announcements. Sites like deal news really help educate the public on awesome deals.
Black Friday Reminder
If you're going to a midnight opening, make sure to know the store layout. Visit the store ahead of time so you know where things are.
A quick store visit now will save you frustrations later!
|Dewey Kaiser|| |
November 22, 2016.
GraphicStock is offering a yearly membership for $49, offer expires on Friday.
|Stevan Alvarez|| |
November 23, 2016.
Keyboard Maestro will not be offering any discounts for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. As per the Twitter Post by Peter Lewis: "nope, sorry. We're thankful every day in Australia ;-). No sales planned, but it's easy to find 20% referral coupons."
November 23, 2016.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.