Paul Revere House
One of the popular tourist spots in Boston is the Paul Revere house. This is a good place to learn more about Paul Revere and to see how colonialists lived in Boston.
The Paul Revere House is open year-round. You can get private tours of the house - including night tours.
The Paul Revere House stands out from all the modern buildings. (The Cobblestone street makes for nice background shots.)
Ten Things We Learned on our Tour
- Cost $5 per adult to get in, Children (5-10) is $1. (Cash Only.) There are several ATMs on Hannover Street.
- You are not allowed to take pictures or videos inside the house. You can take pictures around the courtyard.
- This is the oldest house in Boston - built-in 1680.
- We were disappointed in the "self-tour" as you only see 3-rooms in the house. The whole house experience is about 10-minutes long.
- There is a host available on each floor where you can ask questions about the house and various objects in the rooms. Some fun ones to ask: Why is there a wall phone in Paul Revere House? How many children did Paul Revere have? Where did they all sleep?
- There is a small gift shop near the exit. It has some books and artistic goods that are made for the museum- worth checking as you can’t get these items anywhere else in the city.
- There is a bathroom next to the gift shop.
- You may be able to see a Revere Motar - a cannon made around the 1780s. This cannon was commissioned by the newly formed United States government. (Currently, the cannon is on loan to the New-York Historical Society.)
- In a room next to the gift shop, is a mini shop replica. This toy display shows what Paul Revere workshop might have looked like. Can you find the gray Cat?
- The Paul Revere House was listed on the National Historic Landmarks in 1961
Finding the Paul Revere House
The Paul Revere House is located at 19 North Square in Boston's North End. Located just 2-blocks from Hanover Street, and there are signs from Hanover on how to get to Paul Revere house.
There is a small gift shop next door to the house. The official gift shop is only accessable for paid tour members.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.