New Features of the Popular Screen Capture Tool
Last week TechSmith introduced the latest paid upgrade to Snagit. This upgrade includes the following features:
- Picture in Picture with Screen Draw - Users can now add pointers, steps and boxes to their view presentations. This makes it easy to point to certain features while talking about them.
- Quickly Share Content - Snagit has a new 'Share Link' which makes it easy to share recent snapshots. Now you can touch up a screenshot and instantly share it on Slack, Email or Social Media. The Share Link is using the TechSmith screencast service. Screenshots are saved for 12 months.
- Better Collaborate - Users that have access to shared content can now leave comments on the video and images - including emojis.
- Add Effects to Favorite - You can now add your favorite Effects as favorites. This makes it easy to apply common edges, Borders, Capture Info, Shadow, and more.
- Webpage File Format Support - Users can now save images using the popular web format. (Not new in 2023 came late in the 2022 release)
Worth the Upgrade?
I don't use much of the video capabilities, so the Picture in Picture and Collaborate functionality doesn't have much use for me. I think if I do some training videos, in the future, it might be a very handy feature to have but in the short run, it doesn't really add much improvement.
I was surprised that TechSmith didn't do any changes/enhancements to any of the annotate tools. For example, it would be nice if there were more arrow style or text effects.
I think it's worth the upgrade so TechSmith can continue to create more awesome features in future releases. If you have version 2022 and use some of the core functionality - I don't think this is a 'must-have' upgrade.
Take a Shot and Try It
Why not download the application and try it out. When you install it the application name is different so you won't lose your previous paid version.