Gooseneck with Jaws is a great tool to have.
Back in October, I purchased the Topmener Jaws Flex Clamp Mount with Adjustable Gooseneck. This allows me to clamp the GoPro where ever I want.
Five Things I Learned
- The "arm" or Gooseneck is 18 centimeters or 7-inches long. The official GoPro version is 8-inches.
- There is a longer Gooseneck available on Amazon.com which give you 14-inches Gooseneck.
- My Topmener Jaws Flex Clamp Mount with Adjustable Gooseneck sells for $13.99 on Amazon.com. It's a good price for a "nice to have" accessory.
- The GoPro version sells the Gooseneck and Jaws separately. The Gooseneck cost $19.99 (or $9.99 with the cloud discount) and the Jaws cost $49.99 ( or $34.99 with the cloud discount).
- I am certain that the GoPro Jaws is really tight, so if you plan on using this in a moving vehicle, the GoPro version is the way to go. While the one I have works well. I don't really want to test its strength attached to a railing on a moving car or boat.
- This Gooseneck has worked great! It's really easy to adjust. The clamp has fit on just about everything that I needed. Note: The clamp is design to fit between .25" and 2".
- My only concern with the Gooseneck is trying to make sure that the GoPro is level to the shot. It's very easy to make minor adjustments, just not all that easy to determine if the shot is leveled.