A couple of years ago, I blogged about the remove.bg tool, an online service which made it really easy to remove people from backgrounds.
It's a good tool, but it only dealt with people's faces. What if you wanted to remove backgrounds from other objects? Plus you couldn't do any editing to fix up the removal tool.Clipping Magic does a great job with removing the background and offers a lot of more. If you using the remove.bg tool, you should upgrade to Clipping Magic.
Clipping Magic Editor
The Clipping Magic Editor gives the user the power to determine what additional areas that I want to be removed from the picture.
- Keep Tool - Used the bush to fix areas that were removed.
- Remove Tool - Remove additional areas.
- Hair Tool - Clipping Magic Exclusive! Keep those hair bits in the picture.
- Eraser - Removed any Keep/Remove touch ups that you did. This doesn't impact the removal that was done via AI.
- Scalpel Tool - Manually adjust the clip on any image in spots where the edges are too faint or noisy to use the Keep or Remove Tool.
Note: You can toggle between the Keep and Remove tool with the spacebar. Great way to do fine editing without having to keep going to the top menu.
Clipping Magic isn't free. There are three plans to choose from and pricing starts at $3.99 a month. So for about the cost of a fancy coffee at Starbucks, you can get 15 credits a month. That is you can remove the background to 15 images.
If you don't use all the monthly credits they do carry over to the next month.
Good for Various Users
Clipping Magic is great for various reasons:
- eBay and Etsy Sellers - Make your product stand out more without a background!
- Bloggers - Create awesome graphic for your blog!
- Graphic Designers - Make your life easier without having to use complex path editing in PhotoShop or Affinity Photo. The amount of time you save will be worth the subscription fee.
- Video Editors - Add better overlay images to your videos.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.