Satechi USC-Clamp Hub
Cool Hub that puts makes key ports available
Last Fall, I installed a Satechi USC-Clamp Hub on my new iMac Computer. This is a cool mini-hub that puts a bunch of ports on the front of your iMac.
Satechi USC-Clamp Hub connected to my iMac.
- 3 USB 3.0 Ports
- Micro Card Reader
- SD Card Reader
- USB-C Port
Plug and Play
It was easy to attach this to the computer and easy to remove if needed. There's no software to install, simply connect the USB-C cable and then tighten the clamp to secure the hub.
Things I Learned
- Quick Install, really easy to do. Once installed you don't have to worry about it. I have moved my computer around plenty of times in the past 6-months and the clamp has never come off.
- Very handy to connect/disconnect thumb drives
- When inserting a Micro Card the card has to be upside down, which seems weird.
- There's a small light to let you know it's connected. It's very tiny and doesn't distract me when I am working with the lights down low.
- I don't have many USC-C devices, so I haven't had the need to use that port. The nice thing is that you don't lose the port on the back since it's in the front.
- The look and feel seems very natural - doesn't look out of place.
I would recommend anyone getting this for their computer. This also makes a great gift for that Macintosh User who seems to have everything. Note: It only works on the latest iMacs.