World Quality Report
Learn all about the World-Wide trends in qa testing in the Capgemini document
This is a free report - you do have to fill in some contact information to get the report. I suspect that this is used to contact you to help gather data for next year's report.
Description from Capgemini
The World Quality Report, which this year interviewed over 1700 respondents from 32 countries, is the only global report analyzing application quality and testing trends. It has been produced annually since 2009.
Now in its 10th edition, the 2018-19 report adopted data collection through computer-aided telephone interviews. Based on analysis of six respondent groups: CIO, VP Application, IT Director, QA/Testing Manager, CDO/CMO, and CTO/Product Head, the report surveyed respondents from across the globe through quantitative interviews followed by qualitative deep-dive discussions.
Five Things I Learned
I am not going to go through all the data in the report. The report encompasses 72 pages, and there's lots of useful information for any type of QA Testing.
- The document is a combination of 1,700 IT Executives who took part in the research study. The Financial Service sector had the highest turnout (19%), followed by the Public Sector (15%).
- The PDF document is searchable - so you quickly find information if you don't want to read the document completely.
- The biggest challenge for agile testing is the "Lack of appropriate test environment and data."
- The two two skill types most sought after are: Functional Test Automation Expertise and Production Quality Monitoring Skills.
- Most High Tech companies are cloud-based (77%!) Knowing Cloud base testing tools is critical for long term QA Employment.
Get the World Quality Report
I would highly recommend getting the report and reading all the information. It's a good way to understand the trends around the world.