American Auto Shield Phone Calls
Reviews of American Auto Shield who wont stop calling me.
Recently, they have been calling me a lot, trying to get coverage of a vehicle that I don't even own. In the latest call, the operator sent me a copy of the contract. Glad they did because there's no way I would have signed up for them.
Read Real Customer Reviews
When you talk to a salesperson on the phone, they will tell you to make a decision right then. The reason is that they don't want to discover reviews online. Here are a couple of review websites that offer some insights on consumers services:
Interesting that they do have a good review on the Better Business Bureau website.
One thing I notice is that they never tell you the name of the company on the call - until you ask. I wonder why is that?
Six Practical Questions to Ask
- What's the process for the first time that I may need coverage?
- Will I need to provide a Federal Odometer Statement before signing the contract? If not, why would I need one if I should need to cancel the contract?
- If I decide to travel across the country, and something happens how do I find an approved garage to fix?
- What is the waiting period before the policy goes into effect, does it start today or when I received the material?
- What happens if I decide to join Uber or Lift? Would my car be classified as a Commercial vehicle?
- Can I read the terms and conditions of the contract before I make any payment decision?