Great way to organize applications for easy access
Apple's Dock is a great way to quickly launch all your everyday applications. Simply click on the icon.
But what if you want to access other applications? Usually, it involves Spotlight or opening up the Application folder.
TabLauncher lite is a better way to launch applications that are used often. With TabLauncher there are category tabs on the side of the screen where you can access applications quickly and easily. Now you can combine work-related apps, or graphics apps into simple categories that's easy to find and launch.
TabLauncher will help you find and launch your favorite programs, web pages, folders, or any type of files in a fast and easy way. Taking up fewer resources as possible, and allowing you to personalize the appearance in many ways, by changing colors, images, transparency, animations, and many other options to make it blend in with your desktop.
Six Things I learned about TabLauncher
- The free version has a limit of three tabs, the paid version has unlimited tabs and is only $3.99
- You can have the tabs on any edge of the screen - the paid version allows you to have tabs on either side of the screen at the same time.
- You can put any application in the Tabs, in addition you can add scripts to perform any type of function.
- You can hide TabLaunch that way it's out of the way until you need it.
- There is no share functionality- so you can't share tab settings/configurations between computers.
- There are special tabs with built in functionality - such as Running Applications, Music
TabLauncher Lite uses a lot less memory than LaunchBar. This might be a good solution for computers that don't have a lot of memory.
LaunchBar: 584.4 MB
Tab Launcher Lite: 85.1 MB
LaunchBar does offer a lot more features than launching applications, but if that's all you need to do then TabLauncher might be a good solution.
Getting TabLauncher Lite