Resize-Image vs PhotoScape X
Which is the Better Batch Application
Description from the Website
Macsoft's Image Resizer for Mac is specially designed Mac image editor software for Mac users to combine, resize and revolve photos, add watermarks to them freely. And it allows you to change the image format from one to another without any difficulty.
The application allows you to do multiple image actions at once, you can resize, add text and add text and image watermarks.
It's a good basic application for the functionality. However, there are a few drawbacks:
- You can't drag drop images to get added to the collection
- Your limited to only Scale, Rotate and adding Watermark
- You can't add any special styles to Text Watermark, such as drop shadow
Should you invest in Resize-Image?
If there's a current Bundle Hunt bundle going on, you can pick it up for a good deal. At least if you ocassionaly need an image batch program.
It does what it says - I think you're limiting yourself to features and functionality. It certainly not worth the $19.99 price.
Otherwise it's $19.99 on their website - not sure if it's really worth the price.
PhotoScape is Better
The Batch functionality in Photoscape X goes well beyond the capabilities of Resize-image. You can add a lot more effects and have more flexibility with existing tools in Resize-image.
While Photoscape X cost a bit more, it's certainly worth the extra cost because you get more than an app that does batch processing. You get a nice image toolbox.
Which means that you'll be using the application more often and at the end of the day get more value for your money.
Photoscape X Batch Features
Five things that make Photoscape X a much better application:
- You can click on the images to see how the batch changes will impact that particular image. For Example, You'll be able to tell if the text is aligned correctly.
- Add Frame effect to the batch set of images.
- Change the Color Mode. Perhaps the images will look better in black or white or Sepia
- Resize the image based on a particular Long/Short Edge size.
- Add multiple Text Fields or Image objects with different formating.