Are you thinking about a unique team building activity in the Boston area? Checkout Boda Borg in Malden for a fun 3 hour adventure.
Just what is this Boda Borg thing?
You are on a quest to solve some very creative mini-challenges.
There are various rooms will all sorts of tasks for you to complete in order to move to the next room with another similar challenge.
Some of these tasks might involve you to think logically, while others are physical challenges.
When you successfully complete a challenge, you unlock a box and then you can stamp your passport to show everyone that your team succeeded.
This is certainly a good way to get the team to think together and figure out how to solve the non-business type of problems. You really do need to think outside the box.
After the Quest
If you're looking for a good decompression place to go and talk after the event, visit the Malden Station. It's a great burger bar that has a lot of microbrews on tap. It's only a block away from Boda Borg.
How to get there.
Boda Borg is located in Malden Center, just a few blocks away from the Malden T station. It's about a 30-minute ride on the Orange line from Back Bay to the station.
There is parking across the street for $2 with validation from Boda Borg.
Things I learn about the Boda Borg Quest in Malden
- This is the first Boda Borg in North America. The First Quest was on Saturday October 3, 2015.
- The building once house Sparks Department Store
- Boda Borg spent $4 million to renovate the facility
- The Malden location is 30,000 square feet
- There are quest rooms on the first floor and the basement. Some people said the first floor quest were easier than the basement.
- Dress in loose clothing, many people wore shorts and running shirts. Sneakers please - no sandals. (You'll understand after a couple of quests.)
- Each quest rooms are small in size, about 12 x 12.
- If you get stuck with any challenge, you can ask a Boda Borg for a hint.
- They have plenty of drinks and ice cream in the lobby.
- 5-Wits in Foxboro is similar teaming experience
- 300 People can quest at the same time.
- If there are a lot of people then you may end up waiting up to 10 mins between tries. But that might be just enough time to think about why you failed a particular task.
- If you are going here with friends, make sure to have enough people so that there are 3-4 people in each team.
- After a few hours of quest, I feel the perfect number of team players is three.
- They do have lockers in the basement, don't forget to bring your own padlocks!
- Before going, make sure to fill out the standard waiver form.
If you're searching the Internet for hints for some of the quests adventures, you're missing the point:
Details of each challenge must be shrouded in secrecy, - if a guest knows too much, what's the point of questing.
"We don't sell success, we sell failures." David Spigner CEO Boda Borg
Team Reservations Information
Boda Borg is located on 90 Pleasant St, Malden, MA 02148, you can call them at (781) 321-1081.