Peppa Pig Live
We sat in the middle section of the upstairs balcony.
Some notes and observances on the show:
- Very surprised to see Peppa Pig as a puppet on wheels. I thought all the characters would be like Daddy Pig and be someone in costume.
- They spent a lot of time singing which is quite different than the actual show.
- It was good that they got some crowd interactions
- They had a place where you could take picture by a Peppa Pig sign, but it was too close to the entrance. Most people missed it due to the large crowds coming in.
- Wasn't sure if photography was allowed. I got stop carrying in a camera but the security guy wasn't clear about the rules. I did see people taking pictures and some video of the show.
- Most people arrived about 20 minutes to show time.
- Most of kids didn't sit too well after the intermission break. I was looking around after the intermission and could clearly tell that kids we not into it anymore.
Some observations on the Orpheum Theatre
- The Orpheum is an old theater and the seats in the balcony seemed pretty old and a bit uncomfortable.
- If you do attend something at the Orpheum, arrive early for a good experience. The main entrance is small and can get very crowded very quickly. Arrive early and get a drink and snack before the show!
- Not a great place for kid shows. Couple of reasons:
- The seats in the upstairs balcony didn't have enough height differential between rows. So if an Adult sat in front of a kid, the kid would have move his head just to see the show.
- After the show got over, it took a long time to get out of the theater. I can't imagine what it would be like if they needed to evacuate the theater in an emergency.
- I thought it was weird that they had beer and wine for sale. (You could buy a bottle of wine for $35)
- They could have been created a special pink juice drink for kids and named it the Peppa Splash or something.
- We parked at the Boston Commons garage as most people did. This is the cheapest parking near the theater, only $16 on a Sunday. It's about a 10 minute walk to the theater.
We had a good time and My daughter liked the show, and that's all the really matters. However, given the choice of a Peppa Pig and and Disney on Ice, I think she may want to see Disney on Ice.