Boston’s North End is well known for their Italian cooking and shopping. There are lots of great restaurants to pick from.
If your a celiac, and need to eat gluten-free it might be a bit frustrating to want to go to the North End. There are some great places to go and be able to enjoy a fine Italian meal.
Recently we discovered Catalina Italian on Hanover Street, and thought we give it a try since it got good reviews on the "Find Me gluten free" App.
Six Things We Learned About Catalina Italian
- There’s no gluten-free menu or indicator on the menu of dishes that are allergy-friendly.
- The host told us said they could make any dish Gluten Free. We were surprised by the various pasta that they had available for gluten-free.
- We ordered our daughters an Alfredo Pasta dish. Which for her is like a Mac and Cheese dish.
- After we placed our order, they put regular rolls on our table. I asked if they had Gluten Free tools and they said they didn’t.
- When the order was delivered it was brought with the rest of the dishes and not by the manager as we have seen in other restaurants.
- The Alfredo was delicious. My daughter loved it. I tried a bite and it was good. She ate most of it leaving a little amount on her plate.
We would likely go back to this restaurant as they did have good gluten-free options and the service was good.
An interesting side note that the regular pasta dishes didn’t taste that fresh. It could be that lunch hour meals are quick and dinner meals are more prepared with fresh pasta.
Finding Catalina Italian
The restaurant is located on Hanover Street, not too far from the Paul Revere Statue. It's located on 346 Hanover St. in Boston, MA. It's between the St. Leonard's Church and the Paul Revere Mall.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.