Carpet Cleaning Robocall
Have you ever gotten a Robocall call offering a great deal to clean two rooms and a hallway for $69?
This is a sample of many calls that I have gotten about this great offer:
Five Things I Learned About this Carpet Deal
- Called was spoofed to be a local number in the area. (Last four digits were randomly generated.)
- In this call, the company switched from "All Green Carpet Cleaning" to "Clean Green Solutions." Which company is it?
- Neither company is celebrating 20-years of service - so it's clearly neither.
- The "deal" is for a room size with a maximum size 200 square feet. Oddly enough, The average bedroom in a home measures 219 square feet. (Taking account for master bedroom suites)
- Weird that they are able to provide next day service and have plenty of openings.
Lots of red flags about this. Can't trust anyone spoofing a number and company name.
I picture this business is a "fly by night" opportunity. A couple of guys in a van going area to the area making a "quick buck." They outsource the marketing to a call center overseas to generate the leads in the particular marketplace they are working in.
Checkout the post over at Carpet Cleaning Telemarker Blog: Carpet Cleaning Robocall Scumbag Spammer CAUGHT!
Some people posted their experiences with the Carpet Cleaning Robocalls on the FTC blog post: Untangling a robocaller
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.