Read Your Way to Fenway 2019
Every year the Boston Public Library has a contest with the ultimate goal to encourage students to read and write over the summer break. It's called "Read Your Way to Fenway."
This contest encourages students to read over the summer and get a chance to see the Red Sox. This contest is open to all Boston Public Library holders.
Four Fun Facts about the Contest
- In the past, the Library usually announces the contest right around the last week of school.
- This annual event started in 1995. This year is the 24th annual tradition.
- In 2017, 624 children participated in the program and more than 500 winners were chosen.
- There are 54,312 students in the Boston Public Schools. So your chances of winning is actually pretty good!
- Some of the readers actually get to go on the field before the game and meet some of the Red Sox players.
- Contest usually starts: June 1
- Essays due to a Boston Public Library location: Friday, July 27
- Winners notified: August 6-10
- Pick up your tickets at your branch library: August 13-17
- Game day: Sunday, August 19, at 1:05 p.m., Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays at Fenway Park
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.