American Girl Birthday Party
This weekend we celebrated my daughter's 8th birthday party at American Girl in Natick, Massachusetts. This is her first party that we had at American Girl.
In previous years, we celebrated her birthday with her grandparents on her actual birthday in the restaurant. This year we invited a few friends to celebrate at a private dining room using the deluxe package.
Nine Things We Learned about the Deluxe Party at American Girl
- We brought our own cake from Gerardo's European Bakery in Westborough. In the past, my daughter didn't like the gluten-free cake that we had at American Girl. American Girl was fine that we brought in an outside cake. We served the guest the cake that comes with the deluxe package. Only the adults and my daughter got the gluten-free cake.
- The gluten-free cake is what was she used to blow out the candles.
- The deluxe package includes a table activity and a craft. We only had time for a craft. My daughter got everyone involved by doing a sing-a-long to some of her favorite songs.
- The craft was creating a bracelet out of string. The hostess did a good job explaining the task and help people set up their craft. The activity did involve a fair amount of work, and only one person was able to complete it in time.
- The deluxe package is 90 minutes - but the hostess said that it didn't seem like a long enough time for 9 girls.
- There was another party in the room next door. We kept going back and forth with who could sing happy birthday the loudest. I think the other room won simply because there were more people in the room.
- Basically this felt more of a lunch party than a typical birthday party that we have gone to in the past. Usually, birthday parties involve activities away from the table for a while and the party concludes with some food. This party felt more of her inviting her friends to a private lunch.
- Everyone had a good time and enjoyed their meals. Which is the most important thing!
- We were happy that the package included a goody bag, as it was one less thing to worry about.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.